Horseback riding: benefits for body And mind
Climbing a horse and taking a walk through the countryside is an activity that combines fun, personal improvement and, of course, helps you stay in shape.
But riding is much more than a sport …
The great differentiating element is the interaction with the animal, which makes it an even more attractive activity. In addition, horse riding has great advantages over the body for those who practice it:
• Improves vertical and horizontal balance.
• The trunk is kept upright, which favors the control of the posture and helps correct it.
• It regulates muscle tone and also, the fact that thehorse has a higher temperature than the human being favors blood circulation.
• Reduces spasticity (contracted muscles).
• When having to be alert to possible changes in rhythm by the horse, fine and coarse motor coordination, reflexes and motor planning are favored. It improves the perception of the corporal scheme and favors the acquisition of laterality.
But the positive points of horsemanship go beyond the merely physical:
• Being in contact with the horse promotesconfidence, self-control of emotions and also improves self-esteem.
• Improves concentration, attention capacity and, therefore, positively affects memory.
• That the animal is under our control helps to improve the attention capacity and inculcates feelings such as respect and responsibility.
• Provide new knowledge
• It favors the location in space and time.